Sunday, June 12, 2011

Purrrrrfect Disaster

The Target: To rock this jacket without looking like Cruella Deville

The Pieces: Pleather skirt, gold button down blouse, sun glasses

The Approach: My first impression of this jacket…DAMN. I think it is safe to say that anytime you wear an animal print you are taking a fashion risk and 7/10 times it doesn't work out. Lucky for this jacket, I live on the edge!

This jacket fit super comfy! The structure was decent and decidedly much better off the clothing rack and on mine. The one thing I could have lived without were the opaque sleeves. But, with the shimmery gold blouse underneath it was bearable. On second thought black might have been a better choice. The pleather skirt however…well that is never okay. On the bright side I scored some sweet shades…which would make that on the dark side. Hmm...Looks like Cruella is closer than we think….

The Outcome: I wouldn't call this a failure or a success. I certainly wouldn't feel the need to pelt anyone who wore this on the street, neither would I go barking mad without it. Rest assured animals of the planet your evil nemesis C. Deville shall not be making waves in the fashion realm any time soon.

Total: $15 - Skirt $3; Coat $5; Shirt $6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave us comments about what we've found and the things that we did with them. Feel free to ask me why I'm so damn crazy, even. But please, this is meant to be fun. (It's hard to take anything with an outcome this ridiculous seriously, after all.) So any comments with flaming, offensive remarks, or general dickwaddery are going to be removed. At the end of the day, this whole project is about us having fun. If you decide you don't like it, why the hell are you reading this blog?