Friday, June 3, 2011

Skirt Disaster - Part One (Of Three)

The Target: That completely awful skirt that thinks it's a pair of shorts.

The Pieces: An indigo floral top

The Approach: Unlike Nannerkins over there, who's a secret accessory fiend, I tend to try to make things work with basics - simple pieces pulled together using like patterns, colors, and a heaping spoonful of confidence. Usually, if nothing else, it's the confidence that allows me to pull off whatever it is that I'm wearing. And, you know, that shirt was cute, so how much worse could it possibly make that heinous skirt?

Final Outcome: Oh my goodness, I was horribly wrong. The final outcome was that there was way too much blue in here - especially dark blue - to work well together. That was an oversight on my part. Perhaps, with a brown belt to break it up, or a necklace to give it some flair, it would have worked out well. But this was, unfortunately, as bad as disasters get. This time, I couldn't save this skirt.

Total: $14; $10 for the top, and $4 for the skirt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave us comments about what we've found and the things that we did with them. Feel free to ask me why I'm so damn crazy, even. But please, this is meant to be fun. (It's hard to take anything with an outcome this ridiculous seriously, after all.) So any comments with flaming, offensive remarks, or general dickwaddery are going to be removed. At the end of the day, this whole project is about us having fun. If you decide you don't like it, why the hell are you reading this blog?